Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 8

As expected, there was no run today. Today's weather was really annoying; most of the day it was just a steady mist, and it was just enough to not allow us to go outside. We did all of our normal routine, watch episode 2 of The Hour, and waited around to go to band practice. Then we found out that band practice was cancelled. This was not one of the more exciting days, but it did give us lots of time to hang out together.

My son has recently discovered a small ledge in front of our fireplace. He likes to climb on it and pull himself all the way up to his feet using the door handles. Each time, I pull him down, tell him "no", and put him down in front of something with which he is allowed to play. This is not working. Inevitably, he slipped on the way up, and though he did not get hurt (it's roughly 6 inches off the floor), the shock caused him to fake-cry a little. Tomorrow I'll be looking for options to keep him away from the fireplace altogether. We don't use it all that much, but if we ever do, I don't want him to think it's a cool place to hang out. Because it's not. Because of the fire.

Soon after his faux-fall, I out him down for his afternoon nap and decided to make up for my lack of exercise this week with a little P90X. I put in the Cardio X disc, having only used that particular disc once or twice in the past. I must have forgotten that it's the shortest workout of the program, and roughly half of it is stretching and yoga. Regardless, I did the whole routine, cooled down, and managed a shower before my wife got home.

She was only home for a short time before she had to leave again for Back To School Night. I had just started watching the Modern Marvels episode about Disney World (and Land), and I know how much we both enjoyed our last trip there (about a third of the way through her pregnancy), so I paused it and did the dishes before she got home. While we watched the show, I thought about how amazing it will be to take our son there for the first time. My wife has vowed to never again go to Disney World in any month other than January (it was close to empty the last time we went), and coincidentally the Disney Marathon is in January. If I'm still anywhere near marathon shape by the time he is old enough to appreciate the trip, I think that would be an ideal time to go.

She left for school after dinner, and my son and I got ready to watch the Phillies. He was so excited that he pooped his pants. He's a very excitable boy, it seems. We played a little Gently Toss the Baby on the Couch, and he showed me his new affinity for pressing his face up against a mesh storage tray (of which I promptly sent a picture to my wife) while we waited. Despite a small blowup as he watched her leave, he handled things really well. She was home soon enough and ready for some baby time before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment