Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 13

Everything about today was great, expect that the 11:30 Kindermusik class that we had this morning was actually at 10:30! I felt so terrible. It was the first major mistake I've made in this experience. He was happy enough running around in the classroom, and we get to make up our class on Monday, but it was still so disappointing. Because we were in West (the good part) Reading, and it has a nice "Main Street" of sorts, we parked and visited several of the shops. We saw some puppies at Spoil Em Rotten, checked out some tunes (including a few albums that I had a hand in producing) at Vertigo Music, and scoped out some sneakers at A Running Start. However, my son's clear favorite stop was at Earth Rhythms, where they have three of his favorite things: drums, shakers, and ceiling fans. If we hadn't needed to have lunch, he would have stayed there all day (and I likely would have had to buy several broken drums)! We will definitely be going back there again.

Since it was such a nice day, we found the nearest restaurant that gave us the option to eat outside: Taste of Crepes. I'm not sure that I had ever eaten a crepe before, but I know that my son hadn't. I also ordered a strawberry smoothie for us to share. Though he made a very sour face after his initial bites and sips, he kept on asking for more. As usual, he made friends with all of the surrounding diners. We both enjoyed our lunch and nearly two hours on "The Avenue". After an abbreviated nap yesterday, I thought it was important to get home and give him a much better one today. Soon after his nap was over, Mommy returned home.

Tomorrow is going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment