Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 6

My son didn't wake up until after 10 today. I'm not complaining, just saying. We had planned on going to a coworker's family member's viewing today, but there is no way we could have made it. Once he had his breakfast, I got dressed and ready for my morning (mostly afternoon) run.

We didn't leave until after 11, as my son made up for a poopless yesterday with his first of a few special stinky gifts today. Remember how I said he had a soft taco for lunch yesterday? Well apparently he wanted to let his diaper know all about it, too. I'll just leave it at that. After a quick cleanup, we were finally on our way.

The trail was very lonely, save for a few diehards and an ecology class from the most local of colleges. We encounterd several of students along our 8 mile route, and my son did his best to charm each and every one of them. He was very talkative for most of the run and never once complained. I guess 14 hours of sleep will have that effect on a guy.

Without getting into too much detail, I should mention that one of us may have had an emergency due to drinking some questionable fountain water, and the other one was kind enough to hold open the stall door with his stroller while the other took care of important business. Funny faces help pass the time. The ability to improvise is likely the most important aspect of effective parenting.

We got home in time to catch the final 7 innings of a Phillies win. Around the bottom of the sixth, my son began to show signs of being ready for nap time. I took him upstairs and gave him the assistance he normally needs to get to sleep. However, he wasn't biting, and I stunk like a guy who had just jogged 8 miles, so something had to give. I put him down in his crib and prepared for his wrath. It took 12 minutes, but he finally succumbed to his own sleepiness, and didn't wake up until the dogs felt it necessary to alert him about a UPS delivery. By that time, Mommy had returned from her first (abbreviated) week back at work, and Labor Day weekend had begun. Also, I finally showered.

See you Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment