Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Days 27 and 28

My son continued honing a skill he began demonstrating for Gram, Mommy, and I last night: standing his animal toys upright and clapping for himself. He grabs a zebra or giraffe, stands it up on a piece of furniture, turns to one of us and claps for himself. He's so proud of himself and wants everyone to know it.

We didn't do much today because Daddy needed to stay home and follow the iPhone 4S announcement online after our run and lunch. This gave him plenty of playtime.

-----

After music class we went to the post office. I've been pawning, eBaying, and/ or freecycling a lot of stuff recently, and surprisingly people have wanted it. I'm always amazed when people want my garbage, let alone when they want to pay for it. Anyway, within a few hours of listing some old electronics on eBay, they were sold- hence the trip to the post office. It's just a couple of blocks from where we have music class, and it's also on the same road where we had crepes a few weeks ago. Because the weather was so nice today, I decided we needed to have lunch outside again. After a failed attempt to do so at my first choice, we settled for Chef Alan's. I knew Mommy wouldn't be happy because she likes it so much, but I figured we'd be OK as long as we didn't have the crab dip.

We also made another stop at Earth Rhythms, and much like last time, I couldn't help but buy my son a few things. The pattern is this: he plays with it or shows any interest in it whatsoever, and it's his. I should probably learn to show a little restraint at some point. I mean, it's not like I have a whole basement full of musical instruments already.

We returned to Cash Converters to eliminate some old VHS cassettes. I was happy to get any money at all for them. I was surprised to receive more money than what I was quoted on our previous visit. The college fund grows by leaps and bounds. Or dollars. Mostly dollars.

The Animal Rescue League is very close to Cash Converters, so that was our next stop. Unfortunately, Wednesday is the one day of the week they aren't open during the day. It wasn't a total loss because we discovered a pig in their outdoor pen. She was very friendly and came right up to the fence when we stood there. As expected, my son referred to her as "Dup". He laughed and laughed as she rubbed her back on and pressed her snout against the fence. We'll be back.

We had a few more boring shopping stops before he fell asleep in the car a few miles from our house. I parked the car in our driveway, rolled down the windows, and took the opportunity to get some work done in the garage and on the front porch. He woke up after an hour, and we cooled off inside while we waited for Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment