Thursday, November 3, 2011

Days 46 and 47

Both of us aren't feeling too great, so we stayed in today. Rumors that this has something to do with Daddy starting P90X again yesterday are unconfirmed. We did have a good time laying on the floor, stacking blocks, and listening to music. Sometimes that's OK, too.

-----

Today we had probably our most productive music class to date. Maybe it's the extra practice he got at baby storytime on Monday. Maybe it's because his girlfriend wasn't there. Or maybe it's because he's 15-months old and is supposed to be completely unpredictable. Either way, he participated with the group and me more than ever. He still did his share of exploring and took a special interest in opening and closing the container marked "Ice Melt" that was haphazardly left on the floor. That's probably safe for consumption...

(No he didn't eat any.)

After music class, I dressed him up one more time in his Halloween costume, (this was actually the 5th time overall) and we went to visit my grandmother. Unfortunately, she was sleeping and didn't feel like waking up when I tried to get her attention. I can't say I blame her, as it must have been quite shocking for her to all of a sudden see us in her room. I wonder how seeing a fuzzy frog prince with a baby face standing in front of her ended up affecting her dreams. He waited so quietly and patiently, but we left when it became evident she wasn't getting up. I think his cute little costume and personality brightened the spirits of the rest of the residents even more than usual, so that made me feel better. He made his way into the dining room and paraded around, eagerly accepting the attention he was receiving.

I still had to clean out my Phillies locker for the offseason (because of the personel turnover, we're told that they will cut our locks if we don't remove them ourselves), so we drove down to Citizens Bank Park to take care of business. We parked "behind" the stadium (which works out to be beyond right field) because that's where the employee entrance is located and walked up the steps to our locker room. My son had fun maneuvering the inside of the locker room- no small feat due to all the uniform racks positioned throughout the interior. I wasn't sure what, if anything, I actually still had in my locker, and I wasn't at all surprised to find nothing but a 2010 schedule magnet in there. Regardless, I needed to take my lock, and it gave my son a chance to walk around inside the ballpark one last time this year, so it wasn't a total waste of time!

Our next stop was (of course) the team store, which was considerably less busy than the last time we were there. We didn't really need to buy anything, but honestly, when does anyone really need to buy something from such a store? Naturally, my son went right for the stairs, and made it all the way up to the Phanatic Attic without incident. I bought him a Phillie Phanatic Bop Bag and plan on giving it to him for Christmas. I don't want to encourage punching and shoving *just yet*.

We had a very late lunch at regionally famous Chickie's and Pete's, located nearby. My son and I split an apple and some french fries, but we had a separate beverage tab. He charmed the hostess, waitresses, and all booth-neighbors. Based on years of experience seeing it done the wrong way, I was always kind of worried that it might be difficult to keep my own child under control at restaurants. Fortunately, he manages to be inquisitive and adorable without being annoying to those around him. Or at least that's what I think. I could just be another delusional parent, I suppose. However, he rarely screams, and when he does, it's never the shrill shriek that no one wants to hear, ever. Hopefully we can keep it that way. As I type this, he just walked over and smacked one of our dogs on the head after waking her up via laughing at the dream sounds she was making. Maybe he'll use up all the annoying stuff on the dogs. Poor things.

No comments:

Post a Comment