Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Days 55, 56, and 57

I realized today at storytime that it's kind of difficult to pick and check out items for myself and hold my son at the same time. I needed some CDs for pre and post show music for my school's musical this weekend, and the library had some appropriate options. Just as I would find what was I was looking for, he would pull 3 or 4 other CDs off the shelf. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that he may have been trying to turn me on to some new music. I'll pay closer attention next week.

-----

Mommy dropped a not-so-subtle hint last week that she would be free for lunch today due to a break in her parent conferences. We picked up some food and headed over around 11. My son loves her classroom because it's big and loud. Also, Mommy is there. He stomps around and stares at the ceiling fans high above him. He picks up plastic cups and markers and eventually puts them back right back where he found them (most of the time). He sticks just about everything near his mouth and smiles when Mommy tells him it's "yucky".

We ate at a student table that my wife assures me she heavily sanitized, and then we played for a while. We couldn't stay for long, so after about an hour I took him home for his nap. My original plan was to take him to the Sam Ash near King of Prussia and let him nap on the way, but the rainy weather and an appointment later in the day made me change my mind. Much like he loved his trip to Guitar Center earlier in the year, I'm sure Sam Ash will be right up his alley.

While my son was resisting falling asleep today, I recorded his cries for a sound effect for our show. His unofficial on-stage debut! I asked, but he refuses to sign the program for me.

-----

When we get to music class, I have to close all the doors and seal the ice salt container so that my son isn't tempted to get in too much trouble. He's also a big fan of walking in the secret passage behind the filing cabinets, so today I created a wall made up of a few boxes and put it near his usual entrance. The first time he walked over there, he saw the cardboard barrier and came right back to me. He was more focused today than any of our previous classes. However, he returned to the boxes and defiantly picked one of them up. He brought it over to me, smiling all the way, and waved it in my face. I guess maybe I'll try boxes of rocks next time.

It was rainy again today, so the Sam Ash trip was once again off the table. We had lunch, played for a bit, and he began to look sleepy. I took him up for his nap- no recordings were involved this time- and decided to do a little (and I stress "little") cleaning. I carried 7 drinking glasses in one hand and my iPad in the other as I walked down the steps from putting him down for his nap. I wonder if it's possible to get a dish chute installed.

We went to my parents' house for dinner because my wife had a late meeting and I had musical rehearsal. We picked up dinner for us along the way. As always, he was happy to see them and they feigned interest for as long as they could- my mom even went to the trouble of buying fruit for him just in case he would be eating with them! I know I've expressed it a few times here before, but he is so lucky to have such a supportive and loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment