Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Days 50 and 51

We were up nice and early today (thanks, end of Daylight Savings Time!), so we not only made it to Baby Storytime for the second week in a row, we were actually early. It's not often that we are early for anything these days, but I haven't been too concerned with it.

After storytime we took advantage of a gorgeous fall day and walked around a little bit at a local shopping center. I needed some fabric for a chroma key screen, and my son needed a helmet for his bike trailer, and we managed to procure both without incident. In between stops we checked out some "dups" at the pet store, and once again the ferrets were a big hit. Hmm...

I had to do some school work during naptime, as occasionally taking two classes at once requires. I was able to both do the dishes and complete an entire assignment (really just report the results of a survey I deployed last week) during his nap, but I had to sacrifice my workout to do so. Eventually I'll catch up with two of them in one day, but my current sickness makes it difficult. Poor, poor me.

-----

When I got my car inspected in March, I was told that I needed new brakes. Today I finally had time to make an appointment with my local Toyota dealer to take care of the issue. While it was there, I thought it would be a good idea to have them take a look at the suspect tail light (what is it with my cars and tail lights?) that caused me to get pulled over on the way home from Massachusetts this past summer. (I avoided a ticket by convincing the state trooper that I could get it to work by jiggling the wires, and the wires cooperated.) After paying nearly 90 dollars to find out that the last person to ”fix" it used the wrong wattage bulb, I regretted my decision slightly. Shoulda checked the hunk yard!

In order to make the appointment, I had to keep my still-adjusting-to-standard-time-son up for a hour after his recently normal naptime. We went for a bike ride around the adjecent neighborhoods after lunch, which was only possible because of the previous day's helmet purchase. It was another beautiful day, and it was great to get to spend some of it outside. He fell sleep briefly on the way, and I think it was just enough to hold him off until we got home from my appointment.

Because I would already be at the dealership and my wife and I have been considering getting a new car, I figured it couldn't hurt to test drive a car. I pulled my son's carseat and base out of my car and put it in a new Highlander. After the test drive was over, I explained that I wouldn't be making any decisions today because I had to walk my son home for his nap. The salesman talked me into taking it home for the night so I wouldn't have to walk home. I knew we wouldn't be buying this particular car, so I let it happen. If nothing else, this would give my wife a chance to see if she could handle the jump from a small sedan to a medium-sizes SUV. She says it's like driving a minivan. Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment