Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Days 62 and 63

We went grocery shopping together at night while Mommy went to a meeting. The first thing on my list was baby food, so that was our first stop. Not having any idea how well he would react to having to sit in the cart for so long, I made sure to give him a distraction right away. The best I could do was a box of oatmeal in one hand and a box of cereal bars in the other. He didn't make a sound or fidget.

That is, until it came time to check out. I left his two boxes for last, fearing the separation anxiety. Good choice. For the 15 seconds he and the boxes were apart, he screamed, cried, and otherwise showed complete disdain for the situation. I gave them back as soon as I could, and he went from 60 to 0 just as quickly. He was a little suspicious of the attendant as she put the "sold" stickers on the boxes, but there were no further incidents. Lesson learned.

-----

I got a free Schick Hydro razor last night with a coupon I got in the mail. I shaved with it for the first time today. It felt like cheating. I've been using the Gillette Mach 3 for as long as I can remember, but it may be time to move on. We had some good times, Mach 3.

Music class was very encouraging today. He did some spins when he was supposed to, marched when he was supposed to, and even stayed in the circle with the rest of the kids. It was great! I think the week off helped. Or maybe it's the fact that he's actually approaching the age he's supposed to start the class. One of the moms commented on how much my son has progressed in the past couple months. He ran away before she finished her sentence.

We went to visit PopPop after naptime today. The official reason was to return some of Gram's containers, but I think everybody was happy to see each other. Someone brought out my old Matchbox cars, and my son enjoyed taking them out of their carrier and back in. He did push around an AMC Eagle for a few seconds, but other than that he just wanted to organize them in a big mess of a pile. We've got plenty of time to figure out how they're supposed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment