Monday, February 13, 2012

Days 103, 104, and 105

We've been spending a lot of time working on our LEGO creations lately. It's one of my favorite things to do with him. I tend to make things that are meant to look like animals. He tends to make things that look exactly like a tower of the same size and shape blocks. I'm really impressed that he's able to find all of the variations of the same kind of block in the first place, let alone put them all together and forsake the others. He only has about 40 blocks right now. Excuse me while I update his Amazon wishlist...

-----

It's fun to watch him get the hang of his shape sorter toys. He'll sit and play with them for extended periods of time now, and he's even figured out that he needs to flip the containers over to make all the pieces fit. Sometimes it looks like he thinks he's exhausted all his options, so he cheats and opens the container and just throws in the remaining pieces.

We saw a baby in a commercial today. He pointed at the screen and said "ba-ba". He's very interested in babies lately- and in a good way. Keep it up, buddy.

We had our first band practice in a long time today. He was good as usual. I was surprised by this because I couldn't get him to take an early nap before we went. He explored both the band room and the auditorium, and he crashed a choral rehearsal along the way. He played along with a few songs and didn't even steal my sticks this time.

Just as I pulled into our driveway, he fell asleep. I wasn't about to deprive him of a nap, even this late in the day. I ran inside and grabbed my iPad to keep myself busy while I sat in the car. I've been watching Battlestar Galactica (and recommend it- even if you don't like sci-fi) on Netflix recently, and this gave me a chance to watch a little bit more. It was hard to keep my eyes on the screen knowing that I could see his sweet little face in my rearview mirror at any time.

-----

Apparently while he was being good at band practice the other day, he was also doing a good job of acquiring some sort of stomach virus. He was sick all weekend. Let's just say if our house were a cafe, pea soup would have been the special. Gross. Fortunately for me he seemed to be over it today.

Over the weekend he kept flipping his lawnmower. I figured maybe he thought it needed fixing, so I grabbed his "tools" and "safety goggles" (a freebie pair of sunglasses I got at the Steamtown Marathon) and we got to work. He did the same thing today, but this time he grabbed the screwdriver himself and started turning it on the lawnmower's wheels. I'd probably feel more proud about this if I actually knew how to fix a lawnmower.

No comments:

Post a Comment