Monday, April 9, 2012

Days 136, 137, and Easter break

Storytime continues to be a challenge. I think there are just too many distractions (toys, computers, and most important of all- things to take off of shelves and organize elsewhere). We'll keep going (it's free!), but we'll really have to work on the whole sitting still and listening thing. At least he still likes the bubbles.

-----

I had to take my car in for a few (!) recalls, and I forgot to take my stroller out of the trunk before I dropped it off. As a result, my son had to ride in the regular stroller (with its hard plastic tires) on the sometimes rough terrain between our house and the dealership. He took it rather well, and we arrived without incident. However, when I claimed my car, an attendant told me he would get it for me. We waited. And waited. And watched. Apparently my car stumped him, as he sat in it for several minutes with no progress. Finally, he dejectedly returned and explained that he couldn't get it to start.

Throughout all of this, my son stayed completely silent and content. I, on the other hand, was not so content. Generally, when one drops off a car in good working order for some minor service, he can assume it to start upon reclamation. Naturally, this is what I expected. I grabbed the key from him and quietly stormed out the door. As soon as I opened the door and sat down, he told me he realized what he did wrong: he didn't use the key.

Yes, apparently we have come so far technologically that we have forgotten how to handle essential tasks such as starting a car. Either that or I just need to get a new car.

-----

We went back to swimming class last night. I had to miss the first one last week, so I was excited to go back. While he threw up on my wife last week, I managed to get him completely under the water a few times with little more consequence than a surprised and wet face.

My wife's Easter break started on Wednesday, and we kicked it off an appointment to check on l'il baby Hoodie Purrfect. Everything's good. Back off. ;-)

There were no fewer than four egg hunts completed and several new treats enjoyed. He's a big fan of carrying a bag, removing items from said bag, and returning those items to the same bag. Naturally, egg hunts seem right up his alley. While he didn't quite get it at first, he eventually figured it out. Unfortunately, his final egg hunt came right in the middle of naptime, so the main thing being sought was a dark room and soft mattress. He ultimately found them, and we all got a good deal of deserved rest over the long weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment