Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Days 91, 92 and 93

I set the alarm today for a little after 8 so we could run some errands today. While I hit snooze enough times to wake up roughly 45 minutes later, I was still able to get most of my household chores done before my son finally woke up at 10:10.

The main thing I wanted to accomplish today was getting some jewelry cleaned. To my knowledge, my wedding ring has never been cleaned or polished in the ten and a half years (except while sleeping, in water, and at amusement parks) that I have been wearing it. In addition, my parents recently gave me one of my grandfather's prized rings that happens to be roughly 3 sizes too big for me and could also use a good cleaning. I figured those two factors were plenty of reason for a guy to go to a jewelry store.

We attempted to eat lunch at the food court and were relatively successful. This was much easier when he was a few months younger and wasn't feeding himself. By the time we were done, there was roughly as much soft taco on his stroller seat as there was in his belly. I may actually have to put a bib in my bag.

-----

Tomorrow is Gram's birthday, and once again I set the alarm so we would be able to get some shopping done before going over to see my parents later in the day. Again he woke up right around 10. We still managed a quick trip to Best Buy and Sublime Cupcakes before lunch.

We had our first band practice of 2012, so we headed to school as soon as we were able. Knowing that it would no longer hold him, I didn't bother to take his "cage" with me this time. He is certainly more interested in me playing the drums now, and he even came over and hit my snare drum with his own sticks a few times during practice. At one point he decided he needed the real thing, so he took away one of my sticks and I finished the song with just one. He hung nearby for most of our short rehearsal, and hardly put anything disgusting in his mouth.

I had dinner plans near school and my parents' house later that day, so it didn't make sense for me to drive all the way home only to come back shortly after. Thankfully, Gram and Pop Pop didn't mind spending the afternoon with us (him). I put him down for his nap shortly after we arrived, but I had to do it without his white noise machine. Luckily there's an app for that!

I must have made just a little too much noise as I attempted to retrieve my phone 20 minutes later because he woke up right as I opened the door. Even though he got over 13 hours of sleep the night before, this was still a little worrisome- especially since I would be leaving shortly. He seemed fine as soon as he got his afternoon bottle and snack, so I gave it a shot. According to my parents, he was normal and enjoyed his Chick-Fil-A dinner and cupcake frosting. Whew!

-----

The snow had started melting and the sun was out, so I decided it was time to get out again for another run. We all but skipped last week due to several factors, but I have no excuse when it's this nice outside. He spent most of it leaning his head up against the side of the stroller. I had to keep checking to make sure he was still awake because he was so still. Something weird happened with my GPS app because my first five minute interval added up to over a mile. Sometimes I'm fast, but I'm nowhere near that fast!

I also started the last class I ever have to take today. It's a weird feeling, but I know it won't actually be the last. Looking at the amount of work I will have to do each of the seven weeks of this one, I'm glad that I am only taking one. I managed to squeeze two classes into January, and that is going to make my life much easier over the next two months. Then I'll enjoy a little more "time off" before my life changes again... all over again.

He had his 18-month (it didn't really take that long; that would be tortuous) checkup today. Turns out he's doing pretty well. He's getting smaller against averages in just about everything but his head. The doctor says that's because he has such a big brain. I think he just wants to ruin more shirt necks, Costanza-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment