Friday, January 13, 2012

Days 86 and 87

Today was a gross and rainy day, so we stayed inside. A short nap gave me very little time to get stuff done around the house. He's still not feeling well, and that makes some activities not very much fun (for either of us). The worst part about it is not knowing exactly what's wrong with him and what I can do to help. Hopefully this will pass soon so he can be happy again.

-----

A 9 o'clock wakeup call gave me a chance to run a bunch of errands before I even had a chance to take a shower. We went to the bank to make an important deposit. We went to the grocery store to get some pellets for the water softener and some treats to help the dogs with their awful, awful breath. Finally, we returned to the Humane Society to pick up the dog licenses we should have had on Wednesday.

It was very cold and windy today, so I had to hold my son very close to me as I hustled from the car to our destinations and back. He's much more accepting of having to wear a hood now; maybe he's starting to "get it". Of course I don't want this to become a habit, as I surely don't want to see him growing up to be one of those suburban pseudo-gangstas who always walks around with his hood up. Who am I kidding? This is my son we're talking about. Then again- I'm sure every dad says that.

We worked a lot on putting blocks in the right shaped holes of a few toys he got for Christmas. It's pretty funny when he loses interest, turns his head, but still keeps trying to shove a circle into a star. I just tap on his shoulder, refocus him, and walk him through it. Then he spills out the blocks and starts all over again. I know learning won't always be fun (that's the teacher in me), but I'm going to make the most of it while I can.

He's 18-months old today. I did a lot of reflecting throughout the day. His little brother will be here in a little over 4 months. Wow.

Mommy has a day off on Monday, so we get a long weekend together. I think she needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment