Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Days 83, 84 and 85

He was sick all weekend, so we really had to limit our activities today. The only thing I absolutely had to do was go to the post office. I put my textbooks from last semester up on half.com and managed to sell most of them. Unfortunately they sold a few days apart from each other, so that meant I had to go to the post office a couple different times. It's one of those slightly inconvenient trips because I know I'm only going to be in there for a few minutes, but I still have to unstrap my son from his carseat, hold him while we wait, and then strap him right back in the seat. I feel bad for him because he probably thinks we're going to be doing something fun or exciting (which couldn't be more wrong).

Mommy finally got to see him point to his toes. With no hesitation at all he alternated between toes and belly. We were probably way more excited than we should be. Nose is still a problem. Will he ever figure it out? Who nose? Ahem.

-----

It was a really early morning for us today. It was almost like going to work. Now I'm sick, too, so I really could have used the extra sleep. Oh well. I really don't like when he gets up early because then he has to watch Mommy leave. I try to distract him so he doesn't notice, and sometimes he doesn't figure it out.

He managed to get back to sleep after breakfast, so the dogs and I went back to bed, too. Thankfully we got a couple of hours of sleep before it was time for lunch.

I started training for the Garden Spot (Half) Marathon today, so I had to bundle up my son in an effort to combat the mid 40 degree temperatures and wind. He did NOT want me to put his left mitten on, as evident by his ceaseless screaming. However, he was very helpful when it came time to put on the right one, even going so far as to stretch out his fingers and thumb. Before he knew it, I had his coat zippered up and his gloves were "locked in" by the elastic bands in his sleeves. He's not much of a fan of hats, so I was a little concerned about the next step. Much to my surprise, he didn't fight it at all. He also managed to keep all of his accessories on throughout our three mile trek. All in all- not too bad. Only 47 more times to go!

-----

Today was our last music class of this session. We'll be repeating the same class starting in a couple weeks- only this time he'll actually be within the correct age range. Surprisingly, he didn't miss a step from his great improvement last week. While there was a little bit more wandering around, I'm going to blame that on the multitude of other children who were setting the example. Today was like a "greatest hits" of all the songs and motions we'd learned throughout the class, and he was right on with most of them. He even managed to hold my hand for a some of our circle time (he generally only holds hands when he needs help with something)! We've got a week off, and then we'll see how he reacts to taking a class he's actually supposed to be in!

We stopped by the Humane Society to drop off our dog license applications (albeit a tad late) and take a quick walkthrough. He really liked the big fat bunnies that were hanging out in a couple of the small dog kennels. That was pretty much all he could see, as the kennels there have glass doors with translucent bottoms that keep him from being able to see the dogs clearly. On a positive note, there were several empty kennels today. We did see at least one unleashed dog wandering through the city on our way there, but I'm still going to think positively.

Soon after we left, my phone rang. It was someone from the Humane Society letting me know that my tags were ready! Oops. I didn't realize I was supposed to stick around for them. Oh well, that gives us an excuse to go back sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment