Sunday, December 18, 2011

Days 73 and 74

We spent most of our morning looking at cars. As we were leaving the Subaru dealership, I noticed a familiar color and model- it was my dad's car! I got his attention and we pulled up next to each other so he could get some face time with his grandson. He started saying "Pop Pop" recently (my son, not my dad), so I tried to get him to do it. As anyone who has ever had children knows, they aren't always prepared to perform. It has to be quite entertaining to observe a parent trying (and failing) to get his or her child to do one of these "tricks". I don't think our voices are ever as high-pitched as they are when we're trying to get a baby to say a word or throw a ball.

We took our son along to a veteranarian appointment for our dogs. This is no small task with the new car seat, old base, and stroller in the back of my car. The vet is now on his list of favorite places, as it has all of his favorite things: dogs, ceiling fans, and lights. He also discovered the play area and took his time pulling down each toy and carefully putting it back in the right place.

Since we were in the neighborhood, we had dinner with my parents. While we were there, we were fortunate to catch Santa riding by on a fire truck. Gram briefly scared the boogers out of him as she raced him outside to see and hear the lights and siren and catch a glimpse of Firetruck Santa. It was a neat moment, and all was forgiven in no time at all.

-----

Mommy took the day off today to go shopping with her friend, so we still had the day to ourselves. We had to go into the city today to pick up some doggie medication but not much else planned for the day. Since we were already in the city, I thought we would stop by the soon-to-be-closed pretzel bakery. The alley on which it is located was blocked by a maintenance truck, and we were up against a pretty strict lunch deadline, so we had to move along.

After talking to an old friend at the Medicine Shoppe, we tried to find a lunch date. We managed to pull Mommy away from shopping long enough to agree to meet us. We had a little time to kill, so we stopped at Petco to check out some animals. After stopping briefly at the ferrets, my son moved on to removing items from shelves and organizing them in the middle of the aisles. At one point he had roughly 20 bags of treats standing upright in the middle of the store. 20 bags that I had to pick up and find replace before we left.

We met Mommy and a friend, despite my son's attempts to keep us from doing so. Seems he wasn't too thrilled about sitting still. He was much more interested in making piles of food in his high chair and staring at a nearby baby. Eventually I figured out a semi-successful method of feeding him that was a cross between the "airplane and hangar" and force feeding. All the giggling told me he didn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment