Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 66a and b

We test drove a car on Saturday night. As we were driving home, I noticed that I didn't have my wallet. We tried calling the dealership, but they had just closed. I drove back to the dealership and retraced my steps- nothing! I drove back to the neighborhood where my wife and I switched seats- nothing! My only choice was to return home and assume the worst. I called and canceled all of my credit cards and though about all the terrible things that someone could be doing with my AutoZone rewards card. I EARNED that 2 dollars back on sparkplugs!!!

Fast forward to Monday morning. I got up early with my wife so my son and I could drive over to the dealership. I walked around the lot again, looking for clues. The only ones I found were some of my son's "puffs" snacks that he donated to the asphalt. After peeking through the windows the day before, I was certain that the wallet simply fell out of my pants (life lesson: never wear track pants when test driving a car!), so I wanted to make sure I was there right when they opened. I walked into the lobby and exclaimed, "My wallet is in your (Honda) Pilot!" The salesman got the keys, opened the door, and there it was!

Because we had gotten up so early, we had some time to kill before storytime. It was nice day, so I decided the time killer would be walking to the library. I ran on Saturday for the first time since the marathon (early October), and I realized that I wasn't doing much to help my Earndit status. I figured I might as well be active outside while I still can. It's only about 3/4 of a mile from our house to library, but every little bit counts.

Storytime was much different than the previous week. We were actually able to sit in the circle! After the stories were done, I inadvertently entertained the rest of the room with an impromptu puppet show. It all started with a little peek-a-boo as I was retrieving my son from behind the stage and escalated from there. I suppose it won't be the last time I am tasked with entertaining a room of toddlers. After holding their attention for a record 3 minutes or so, we packed up and headed home.

-----

Mommy stayed home sick today, so we all spent a nice relaxing day at home. Two new household dangers have made themselves known: end table dancing and garland grabbing. He figured out how to climb on top of the end table so he can dance for everyone and is contemplating how much fun it would be to pull down the garland on top of our CD cabinets (taking several picture frames along with it). It's going to be an eventful few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment